Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wicked- For Good

Wicked is a musical that piggy backs off of the story of the Wizard of Oz. It's about how the Wicked Witch of the West, whose name is Elphaba, is actually a good witch in heart. It's about Elphaba's friendship with the Galinda. They led separate paths, but each path was affected by the other. Here is a video about the works behind this song, For Good.



Although this song is a pretty girl one, I feel it hits the spot when singing about compassion between friends. Usually friends don't tell each other how they appreciate one another (maybe just guys don't) and I think that's why I like it so much. It's a way for me to tell my friends that I appreciate them. I really enjoy listening to this song and singing along with it. The thing is, every single person you come into contact with changes you. Sometimes it changes you just for that day and then you forget about it for the rest of your life. However, some people have the capacity to change you for your whole life. Teachers can do this. Parents can do this. Friends can do this.

No comments: