Sunday, May 10, 2009

AP Tests- Two more left!!!

Last week I completed three AP Tests: Statistics, Calculus, and U.S. History. I thought that I was good at math until I took the two math associated tests. Both lowered my confidence in mathematics extremely. But whatever, they're done. I have two more to go- Chemistry and English Language. I am super scared. I got a three on the practice exam in my chemistry class, and I know that I am not a very good writer. I'm just hoping for a four on both. Actually, that's what I'm hoping for all of my tests. Actually, let me lower my expectations to an average of 3.5- which means I can have two 3s and the rest 4, or three 3s and a 4 and 5 (or three 3s and two 5s). There's nothing I can do now to affect the grades of the tests I already took, and I need to accept that. You see, lately I have been finding myself looking through books seeing if I got a multiple choice question right on the test. I was never very confident on the tests, but I think I got at least a three on all of them so far.

Here are my traditions for the AP Tests:
1. My mom makes me two eggs- sunny side down for breakfast
2. I listen to "Sparks" from Theatre Cedar Rapids' version of "Tommy" on the way to the testing site in my car
3. After the test is over I exclaim, "We're done!" several times, even though we're supposed to remain quiet

I can't wait for that letter in the third week of July telling me how I did on each of the tests. But I have to remember that whatever happens happens. I know I tried my best, and maybe I'll get a lower score on the tests because I didn't master the material well enough. I have been pretty busy this schoolyear with Happiness, two musicals, and speech team. I can't believe that I even attempted taking five AP courses with this after school load. So no matter if I get all ones, I think I've done a pretty good job, and I don't see how I could have done better.

No comments: